Monday, February 15, 2010

NYC #1


All moved into the city.

Within the first week I lost my friendship with a close photographer, got casted for a few shows, and started to love life.

I walked in a show on the second friday night of residing in the city. Two looks, two coats, one pair of silly sunglasses which made me look like I belonged on the star trek set.

Now I am settled into the hostel. I got selected to be in the moncler presentation. 4 stories high on construction scaffolding for 2 hours in the dark cold night....got a free coat for that which is hot.

I had a show tonight, went late but I walked and it felt empowering.

One of the guys who lives here asked me if I felt that I was changing after doing all these shows. At first I said yeah I'm turning into an asshole...but I retracted that statement. I'm getting more confident in my opinions and no longer afraid to be brutally honest. I am gaining power from each show I do. Power for my brain and heart to keep pushing and pursuing my dream of becoming a successful model in the city I call my jungle.

I love new york and have met so many interesting people.

My schedule continues to be full and I enjoy that as back in Massachusetts I was endlessly bored and in need of substances to get any sense of satisfaction. Now waking up is all I need.

It's a rebirth I must never forget. I must never go backwards...only step forwards with the occasional side step.

I love my decision to move here.

No comments:

Post a Comment