Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Friday the thirteenth-March-BLAST FROM THE PAST

Thursday night: 8 pm to midnight = sleep, midnight to midnight O 1 = text bartender my apologies, midnight O 1 to 8 a.m. I slept

Friday: Arriving now to speak with the manager about my NO SHOW NO CALL wasn't worrying just an unpleasant feeling. My job security seems to be pretty solid though I mustn't eat my eggs before they hatch. My boss didn't seem to be upset and when I told him that it would never happen again and that he had my word he gave me one of those OKs that I can appreciate. When you give a person a sincere statement and they actually give you a chance to prove your sincerity it really earns some respect in my book. So the night began and the bartender whom I would have bar backed for gave me a greeting and sarcastically said " don't talk to me, we're through". It really made me laugh, gay guys really humor me and not in a "oh look at that gay fag" kinda way but a "wow dude your personality is hilarious". I don't look at gay people in a negative way but I definitely look at them differently.

Think about it. Biologically man and woman were made for each other. Psychologically though I believe it was never set in stone. Dependent on the belief as to what one feels created us, we all have our separate opinions on the reasoning for homosexuality. Never the less I never let the homosexual thing get in between my chance of creating an acquaintance or friend. The deal breaking is when respect and boundaries are neglected to be used towards me. I'm experimenting now with this, more to come later.

So it wasn't very interesting and at first I said I would only drink water as my energy levels were on E and I was beating my body the whole week. I did get a water and then a chocolate cake shot....absolut citron and frangelico taken with the prior practice of covering a lemon wedge in sugar and biting into it. Taste just like chocolate cake and believe me, I didn't think it was true at first either but seeing is believing. The senior security was watching and prompting the ID checks so I just took pace and checked everyone who looked under 30. Due to the age difference between those who work at my bar, I'm doubted on my age verification skills. But I'm younger and can tell who's older they are older and can't really tell who's younger. HAH I see how that may sound hypocritical but hey, it is what it is.

I was shown how to use the register downstairs and in the hour and a half I was on it probably had 10 customers...I can't imagine how this is going to be in the summer time. Virtually right after I got up from the register to the door I was greeted by tony and that woke me right up. Some what nauseous I questioned his cut but none the less it worked. Slow night, slow sales, NO FUCKING TIP.

paycheck cashed though I think that was the managers scheme....pay me my check in cash early so I don't focus on the no tip for the night...no worries though I know I'm getting my hourly anyway and am thankful to have such a humorous relatively easy job.

No comments:

Post a Comment