Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Boston

So I visited Boston for a day. There was a promo that I was to participate in for 3 weeks. Before I could start I came to a realization. A brutal truth with its positives and negatives, nothing uncommon as that's life-plain and simple.

I did my daily gym routine and set off for Megabus's 31st and 8th loading rendezvous. Twas a hot and sunny day yet I still plopped my hiking pack stuffed with dirty clothes (to be washed at good ol' gramma Pats house) directly in the sun to await the arrival of my undesired method of transportation, a double decker bus. To no surprise the bus was late and the whole populous of bus seekers was herded away from the original waiting area due to some "delegates" arriving.

After significant sweat stains and what would be a solid tan had I not covered myself in 70 spf sunscreen the 30 minutes prior after my shower at the gym, my mega bus arrived. I had never been on a double decker bus in the states so I made it a point to experience the ride to its fullest potential. Front row on the second floor, YEAEAH BABY.

As we waited for everyone to settle their luggage into the depths of the bus's behind I settled into my seat and discovered that the power outlet had a cover which prevented my oversized BB charger to be inserted-quality. None the less I did not less this dull my excitement for the roller coaster, I mean long ass ride to come. Think about it...Flying down the highway at 60 miles per hour with your face pressed against the front window 10 feet high like a childs face pressed against the doors to Toys R Us prior to their birthday or a gift receiving holiday, I felt like buzz light year queuing up for flight.

Life has delivered me its share of anticlimactic experiences but this wasn't one of them. I strive to make the best out of any scenario and it was relatively entertaining, stimulating rather than staring at the back of another bus seat though I couldn't get myself to stand up and say "to infinity and beyond!"

My arrival to Boston was simple; I purchased some McDonalds (I know, bad model), got two T passes to grammas location, and carried on to meet her. She kindly met me at the stop 30 minutes out of the city and we carried on to dinner. Chicken with a cranberry sauce and some sweet potato roll things is pretty ridic when you're starving though I couldn't get myself to finish the plate.

We went back to the abode and took some digitals for a new modeling abroad prospect then watched some television and discussed the plan for the next few weeks of promotions. G Ma retired to bed and I found myself folding the now clean clothes I had dragged all the way from NYC. Woke up around 2 am in the chair with the telly on and headed up to bed...it was so foreign to sleep in a quality bed.

I woke up to my Grandmother popping her head into my room saying "Randddyyyyy its 7:20". The plan was to have breakfast at 7:30 so I exuded from my covers and slothily wandered downstairs. Surprise...no, I remembered of my chicken left overs and combined them with the eggs and toast G ma had made me. A solid start to the first day of a long promotion.

Twas a beautiful day in Boston and I had arrived 45 minutes prior to when the team was supposed to report in. I found myself staring at some flowers in a park when my phone rang. "Can you make it to Astoria for a catalog shoot at 11?" My manager asked. I informed him that I was in Boston and his response though simple really had an impact, "Fuck, ok bye".

The simple but powerful reply my phone had delivered to my ear was as influential as a hunters bullet piercing the skull of a tiger who stepped right into the cross hairs. I fucked up. When I went to Miami for my buddy's wedding I missed out on multiple opportunities for modeling but I was so drunk that it didn't really set in. With my clear minded thoughts the reality that if I want to model in NY I must stay in NY flooded my head...30 minutes later I was on a bus back to the city.

Happiness is a foreign thing to me though I wouldn't say I'm depressed merely discontent. I wake up everyday with the hope that I'll get a phone call or email from someone I've poured my efforts or product of my efforts into telling me that they want to use me for a project which will either jump start my career or fill my wallet. Will I fall into the extremely low percentage of people in the world who find success in modeling? Will I be able to pay rent and eat because I keep my schedule open with the thought that I'll need to fill it with a paying photoshoot? My path in life is currently full of insecurities but I suppose the thought of not knowing I will succeed makes it a great adventure and that actually makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment