Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So its been 5 months...

What can I say? Commitment isn't my forte...sorry I've neglected you for 5 months mister blog or shall I say, Rupert?!?

Since we've last chatted much has occurred and I feel it necessary to update you on my NYC situation.

First and foremost, I've lost weight. I know you were always nagging me about eating pizza and drinking all those tasty coffees from mud but now you can't say shit! I've slimmed down, toned up, and popped out some abs getting me the attention of Boss Models. THAT'S RIGHT, I'm a BOSS boy now :)

In retrospect i am full of remorse due to my lack of keeping a log of all my catering adventures. Many late nights of underpaid, under appreciated, BITCH work and now I am left with two caterers who hire me only when absolutely desperate or when the client requests a person with my aesthetic nature. Fuck em...Now I dance around abercrombie and fitch for 9 dollars an hour getting high off of the womens perfume they spray endlessly as if it were oxygen and we were in a space world.

Getting hired at Abercrombie was a bit of a joke. The interview was a group interview and besides some chick from Jersey, I was the only American there. Nothing wrong with not being American though if you can't speak a language how the fuck are you supposed to help customers. With respect though most of our customers are foreigners so it does make sense......I'm not buying it though, guaranteed those kids wont last longer than a month though who am I to judge, not sure I will either! Literally 20 minutes after the interview I got a phone call..."uhhhmm yes Mister Harris we'd love to have you join our team here at A&F"....shit Abercrombie is now the epitome of desperation in my book. I tried everything...besides stripping...and now I must resort to working in douche bagville to barely make an income.

The interviewer asked a few douchey questions but my favorite was, " describe the brand in two words, and you cant repeat what the others have said or you'll have to dance in front of everyone ( a true douche move)". Seeing how I was the only English informed one there, I was told to go last. The folks were saying shit like "sexy, stylish, modern, hot, hip, BLAA BLAA BLAA". No lie, first thing that popped in my head was the two words DOUCHE BAG....now I can't get it out of my head. Everyone there is a douche bag...Not really but in such a douchey environment of such a douchey brand I really need to find humor in whatever way necessary, even if its in lying to myself. I know, pathetic..but what else can you say about working at A&F-PATHETIC...oh and DOUCHE BAG.

Alright.

Being with Boss has only given me a few tests which have given me some high fashion esque photos, whatever...hasn't gotten me any money or any travel and that's all I want! So now I'm just emailing as many photographers, designers, stylists, and people related in any form to the fashion industry as possible in hopes of networking my way to success or at least the next level. Traveling abroad is a temptation, tapping into the asian market sounds fun but I don't want to neglect New York just yet. So many decisions must be made while the pressures of living in New York continue to exude on the daily. Its fun in a stressful way. Whether I win or lose it'll be something to look back on and say, DAMN SON.

No comments:

Post a Comment