Monday, August 16, 2010

Trip to the uncles

I made a trip to the uncles place up north for a few days. It was a pleasant break from the fast paced rhythm I've become accustomed to in NYC. Though my uncle and I worked two and a half days and accomplished lots, I still felt it was far more peaceful than any "rest" day in the city. We worked on the two new rooms added to his house, had some beverages, and the auntie made us some very tasty food.

Being my youngest (and more like a brother than an uncle) uncle its odd to call his two beautiful daughters my cousins but they are and soon to celebrate two years of life. Its always a pleasure to be around kids of that age. Even though they'll cry and fuss on occasion there's some sort of refreshing energy they dispense with their learning how to communicate and take on the new challenges of life. Like reading a first hand description of an explorers first steps in a new land, watching my cousins progress into independent humans was inspiring to keep living a diverse and unique life. I left my uncles place with a fresh perspective to continue battling the temptations to give up on my goals in this ever demanding city I've chosen to dwell in.

Now that I am back I've made it a point to constantly assess my thoughts and embrace the fact that negativity and weakness is waiting at every moment to dissuade me from pursuing my ambitions.

No matter how tired I am I will go to the gym.

No matter how hungry I am I will not eat like a fat ass.

No matter how frustrating and discouraging the progress of my modeling is I will not quit.

I will not quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment