Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ok Ok... I need to BLOG more

Now two weeks a resident of Hong Kong it has dawned on me that my adjustment to the

new land has distracted me from my writings and that an update was necessary. I live

in a hotel with two bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchenette. There's a bathroom

with shower and I suppose it has everything one could need to survive here minus

cooking pots and pans. There is a pool, small gym, and computer room with 3 computers

that you can usually use as you please. The best part of the hotel is the shuttle bus

to the MTR (subway) stations.

The neighborhood I live in is mostly Chinese speaking persons with the occasional

European which is a nice change of scenery from my place in Brooklyn. Rather than

seeing hacidic jews walking around my abode there are loads of elderly chinese and

children. Also, I live right on a sea which is surrounded by mountains so I constantly

have this feeling of being in some exotic land, a place I once saw on the national

geographic channel or in travel advertisements and wished that I were there. But I

don't have the mentality of a tourist, I have a pressing fear that I owe someone loads

of money if I don't acquire enough work and it's a shame because I feel that in years

I will look back and say it wasn't so bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment